31 Jul

Repo: The Genetic Opera clip hits

Posted by Bryan White | Thursday July 31, 2008 | News

I’ve heard the movie is actually a complete fucking disaster and reviews that come down can be measured in various shades on unkindness but I still have to see it for myself.  This clip came down the series of tubes a little while ago and I’m still not wavering in my unreasonable enthusiasm for a movie that I’m told is uniformly terrible.

1. July 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Agatha Christ-Almighty

I second your unreasonable enthusiasm.

2. July 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Todd Rigney

Third.

3. August 1, 2008 3:17 am

MALACHE

Ok… I think the “What the fuck happened to your brains??” Train just pulled up and all of you just got on board. Don’t get me wrong, I like a trainwreck of a film as much as the next fan, but this?? Looks like that bad guy from Time Machine and Raiden from the movie version of Mortal Kombat had a love child, who then spent too much time hanging around some of the ‘I wish I was like Bela, but I’m more like Count chocula’ so-called Goths at a fetish club, drank too much then decided to put on Rocky Horror and listen to the worst of the KMFDM albums at the same time. Actually I think the lethal overdose probably involved some of the Caroline Records cover bands and Shock treatment… at least Rocky and KMFDM are good.

4. August 1, 2008 3:19 am

MALACHE

Not to mention the fact that everything in that song has to be repeated 3 times like an episode of Dora the Explorer or something??? Bryan… I think you need to get out more… I’m worried about you my friend.

5. August 1, 2008 9:14 am

Well, you can bag on goths all you like but the Count Chocula guy in question is Nivek Ogre from Skinny Puppy and, well, you don’t get much darker than those guys.

Plus, I’ve been dying for something genre related that has Anthony Stewart Head in it. His Dr. Who episode just isn’t enough to hold me over and it looks like that BBC Buffy spinoff, Ripper, isn’t going to happen, like, ever.

6. August 7, 2008 1:52 am

Todd Rigney

I own “The Garbage Pail Kids Movie” and I used to play third-person point-and-click adventure games featuring full-motion video. In other words, I’ll watch just about anything. Do I honestly think this film is worth the time it takes to complain about it? Nope. But I love entertaining trash, and this looks like it fits the bill.

7. May 16, 2009 7:27 pm

serena

What the fuck are you people talking about, this movie is fucking amazing, and they aren’t even “goth” their just dressed in gothic victorian outfits. and this movie is like Rocky Horror Picture Show.